This page explains how to register as a validator on Ronin. After following the steps in this guide, you'll become a Validator Candidate and have a chance to be selected as a Standard Validator on the next day.
There are three validator roles:
- Validator Candidate. The role you get after following the steps in this guide.
- Standard Validator. Every day, at least 10 Validator Candidates with the highest stakes are selected as Standard Validators. The system records your total staking amount at 00:00 UTC every day for the selection process.
- Governing Validator. The validators chosen by the community and Sky Mavis to ensure network security. Governing Validators are validators by default, and they account for more than half of the total validator set.
Before you start
Before registering as a Validator Candidate, make sure that you have at least 250,000 RON for the initial stake. To acquire RON, see Buy RON.
- Go to Validator Dashboard > Become a Validator.
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements and slashing rules. It's also highly recommended that you read the white paper.
- Set up your validator node.
- Fill in your addresses and specify the commission rate.
- Provide the initial stake of RON.
- Enter your fast finality vote key—see Add finality vote key for details.
Congratulations, you're now a Validator Candidate.